Toxic Mold Symptoms

Early warning signs

  • Cough
  • Cold
  • Flu-Like Symptoms
  • Headache
  • Fever
  • Dermatitis
  • Nose Bleeds
  • Sinusitis
  • General Malaise

Fungi can cause health problems to both humans and animals by several different biological mechanisms: infections, allergenic or hypersensitivity reactions, irritant reactions, toxic reactions, and in certain cases they can even cause death. In fact there were 16 infants who died in an area near Cleveland, Ohio, and the only commonality found among the cases was that all the houses where the infants had lived contained high levels of a toxic mold called stachybotrys chartarum.

According to a 2004 University of Connecticut Health Center report, the following symptoms have been found through scientific investigation to result from exposure to mold and toxic molds:

  • allergies
  • asthma
  • bleeding lungs
  • breathing difficulties
  • cancer
  • central nervous system problems
  • recurring colds
  • chronic coughing
  • coughing up with blood
  • dandruff problems (chronic) that do not go away despite use of anti-dandruff shampoos
  • death
  • dermatitis
  • skin rashes
  • diarrhea
  • eye and vision problems
  • fatigue (chronic, excessive, or continued)
  • flu symptoms (chronic)
  • general malaise
  • sudden hair loss
  • headaches
  • hemorrhagic pneumonitis
  • hives
  • hypersensitivity pneumonitis
  • irritability
  • itching (of the nose, mouth, eyes, throat, skin or any other area)
  • kidney failure
  • learning difficulties
  • mental dysfunction
  • personality changes
  • memory loss or memory difficulties
  • open skin sores and lacerations
  • peripheral nervous system effects
  • redness of the sclera (white of your eyes)
  • runny nose (rhinitis) or thick, green slime coming out of nose (from sinus cavities)
  • seizures
  • sinus congestion
  • sinus problems
  • chronic sinusitis
  • skin redness
  • sleep disorders
  • sneezing fits
  • sore throat
  • tremors (shaking)
  • verbal dysfunction (trouble in speaking)
  • vertigo (feelings of dizziness, lightheadedness, faintness and unsteadiness)
  • vomiting

DISCLAIMER
The symptoms listed above may be caused by situations other than exposure to mold and toxic molds.