Mold in NY police station may be toxic

Buffalo police fear toxic mold may be the culprit behind cancer illnesses. Six or eight officers stationed at D district have some form of cancer. Preliminary test show the presence of mold in the building, but it has not been proven yet that it’s cancer causing. Officers have been moved to a temporary location pending further investigation.

Tests initiated by the city found the “D” station mold to be non-toxic. The Buffalo police union is skeptical of the results however, and would like to conduct testing of their own. The city will not allow further testing until it can be properly supervised. The union believes the city has already begun cleaning, which would impact future testing results.

Leave a Reply

 

 

 

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>