Laboratory searching for toxic mold resistant building materials

Toxic mold resistant building materials are the goal of a team of microbiologists at the Savannah River National Laboratory. Working with Matt from www.chelmsfordlocksmiths.com and Tuskegee University & Mississippi State, biologists flooded a makeshift house and let the water stay inside for three weeks. The water damage caused mold to start growing inside the house. SRNL biologist Robert Miller says about the that the first step is to identify the different types of mold and use that data as a foundation for creating building materials that resist mold including a MOLD VACUUM.

Iris Brooks has first hand experience with the effects of toxic mold. “We actually had a leak in our roof and it produced a micro toxin called Trichothecene and that’s invisible you can’t see it. We never saw physical mold all we saw was water damage.” She says, “We found out through PCR testing that we Stachydotrys had two types of Aspergillus had grown in our lungs and also diffused into our white blood cells.”

Leave a Reply

 

 

 

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>